Monday, December 26, 2011

I Crumble for the Humble

I am making a vow.

I am making a vow to my readers (however few they may be) and myself.

My vow was inspired by my recent purchase of the fourth Humble Indie Bundle. Towards the end of the Bundle's availability many new products were added to the already generous lineup of games offered. Furthermore to the five games available for any donation, gamers who paid more than the average were granted two additional games as well as the privilege of downloading the complete third Bundle and the soundtracks for all twelve games. I gave ten dollars to the cause and now I have more games than I know what to do with. Here is the lineup:
  • Nightsky HD
  • Shank
  • Super Meat Boy
  • Bit.Trip Runner
  • Jamestown
  • Cave Story+
  • Gratuitous Space Battles
The rest are from HIB #3:
  • And Yet it Moves
  • Hammerfight
  • VVVVVV
  • Cogs
  • Crayon Physics Deluxe
What he said.
My vow is to write as much as I can about these games, but to stay true to my mission statement I will not merely be writing reviews of the games but I will be providing a more thorough analysis of the games and the characters therein. That might seem impossible but I love a good challenge.

While this undertaking is meant mostly for you, my readers, I am also using it to hold my own feet to the fire. I feel that I have been to slow in updating this little column of mine, and the excuse I've been telling myself is that I haven't had any good ideas. Now I have no excuses. I have at least twelve sources of inspiration and I hope to be more diligent about producing quality material. So look forward to my ramblings in the coming weeks.

Until next time, happy gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment